Look for a removal company that offers a range of domestic and international services for removing clients from one home to another. The best removal company is the one that advertises best quality removal services at reasonable rates. Moving to a new home can be stressful, but with a company and a man with a van you can rest assured that your move will go smoothly. Removal companies guarantee their services and will be there for the bulk of your move.
Ask friends and family to help you find a removal company or simply a man and a van. Word of mouth is usually the best referral for a moving job. Pick a company that is familiar with your area. It will cost you more if your man with a van gets lost. Removers that charge an hourly rate are usually the best bargains. Hire organized professionals and cut down on the length of time the move will take. All you need to do is pack up and watch for forgotten items. Loose and unneeded items do time to the invoice when you are trying to pack up and move. Prevent delinquent and unsafe removals by discarding things you don’t use.
To make your removal go faster, follow these tips:
• Plan and organize the basics of your move.
• Downsize the items you want to take to your new home. Throw away old and broken items and gives items you don’t use away.
• Avoid moving perishable foodstuffs. Throw them away. You can always purchase more.
• Disassemble large furniture items that cannot fit through doors or down the stairs. Most removal companies will do this for you and reassemble your furniture at the destination.
• Give precise instructions on the placement of your furniture. Maybe provide the van driver with an outline of your new living space.
• If you need help have the removal service pack for you. It will cost extra, but insurance covers against loss and breakage. The removers will bring the proper packing supplies.
• Dishes, glass wear and breakables should be individually wrapped in tissue paper or bubble wrap and place in a heavy duty box.
• Separate boxes into two categories. One for heavy items like books and dishes and another for clothes.
• Clearly label all boxes, what is in them and what room is theirs.
• Wrap all televisions and audio equipment in bubble wrap. Keep the cables and remote controls with their respective equipment.
Coordinate your entire move with a manager. The coordinator will meet with you in your home and discuss your moving requirements. You can question the manager about moving services and costs. Personal quotes with breakdown of costs and timescales for your move are important. Most removal invoices include transport methods, moving services, team member and details of all the services. Have a budget that you can draw from to pay for removal costs. Prepare the contract if the removal service does not provide you with one. Read all the fine print and check off an inventory list.